Hi! P here. Since the time I began wearing makeup, way back in 7th grade, I’ve been going through constant trial and error to find a simple, everyday look that suits me. I started pretty low; imagine me covering my face with concealer and smudging black eyeliner all over my waterline! Well, now I know better and would like to share what I’ve learned with you.
- Always start your makeup with a clean, dry face (tip, wait at least 15 minutes for your moisturizer to absorb before applying your foundation!). I use a liquid foundation and evenly stipple it on my skin with a damp Beauty Blender, then apply concealer under my eyes and on my t zone to highlight my face.
- I set my face with NYX Finishing Powder, and add Sonia Kashuk powder blush with a fan brush for a light-handed application (tip, cream blush should put on directly over foundation, while powder blush goes over your setting powder!)
- Prep your eyes with a liquid primer. My go-to shadow palette is Urban Decay Naked: Basics. Cover your lid with the shade Naked 2 using a precision shadow brush. Apply Faint to your crease using a blending shadow brush. To lighten up the look spread Foxy on your brow bone and dab Venus on your inner corner.
- Mascara is done quite simple. I put two coats of Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express on my upper lashes. The Falsies Volume Express mascara wand has a perfect shape for curling your lower lashes. Make sure to comb the excess mascara free of clumps
- The last thing I do to finish is my lips. I’m a fan of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream; I frequently buy them as a treat to myself. For those days when I require a little glitz, I use NYX Butter Gloss.
Thanks for listening, and I hope this has been useful!