Hey guys! It’s M, and today we are going to be talking about yoga poses to help alleviate period cramps. Before actually testing this method, I had tried everything to help lessen the pain every month; heating packs, Pamprin, chocolate (it only helps for a little while, ladies), and nothing was able to quickly and efficiently rid myself of this monthly nuisance. Now, whenever I get hit with a rather awful round of cramps, I use yoga to help relax me and to make myself a little more comfortable.
- Child Pose
- Lay flat on your stomach with your legs tucked beneath you.
- Reach your arms forwards as far they will go while still remaining comfortable.
- Relax and breath deeply.
- Butterfly Pose
- Sit with your back straight and put the soles of your feet together.
- Lower your knees to the floor (while still remaining comfortable) and hold the pose.
- Cobra Pose
- Lay flat on your stomach.
- Place your hands at your sides and push your upper body off of the floor.
- Relax and hold the pose.
I really hope that these yoga poses help you as much as they have helped me. (Pro tip: if you haven’t achieved results after several rounds of this, try placing a heating pad at your stomach as you do the poses!)