Hey Guys! It’s M again, and today, we’re going to be talking about my Top Ten Movies to watch on Valentine’s Day. Whether you are spending the holiday with a significant other or are having your own Galentine’s Day party with your best friends, (P, T, and I will be celebrating with the latter!) this list has a movie (or two, or three) for any way that you choose to celebrate.
- The Notebook
- A story about how love grows and changes over time, this romantic classic is perfect for a Valentine’s Day marathon. (Just make sure to keep the tissues handy.)
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- P and my favorite rom-com is a perfect movie to watch with the girls this holiday, plus, it has Colin Firth. And Hugh Grant. And my heart.
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- Possibly one of the best rom-coms of the 90s, 10 Things I Hate About You is a charming story about unexpected love. (With a ton of laughs along the way– Young Heath Ledger anyone?!)
- The Best of Me
- My favorite Nicholas Sparks movie; to me this is a more modern version of The Notebook. (Just as tear-jerking, but with James Marsden to restore your faith in our good friend N.S.)
- How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
- If Kate Hudson’s antics aren’t enough to get you to watch this movie, just a PSA, Matthew McConaughey attempts to sing. Enough said.
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Sleepless in Seattle has it all, a cute kid, true love, and a young Tom Hanks. No wonder this movie has become one of my Valentine’s Day staples.
- Dirty Dancing
- Dirty Dancing, aka, the best romantic movie of the 80s, is another perfect pick for this year. Between Patrick Swayze and the amazing dances, this film will have you out of your seat and (at least attempting) to dance.
- Arguably the most classic romantic movie of all time, this is the best movie to watch if you wish to cry uncontrollably this Valentine’s Day.
- Crazy, Stupid, Love
- Crazy, Stupid, Love is the Queen of all chic flicks; it has a shirtless Ryan Gosling paired with Steve Carrell in a character completely opposite of Michael Scott from The Office. Need I say more?
- Gone With the Wind
- My all time favorite movie is at the top of my list to watch this Valentine’s Day. It has the southern feel of a Nicholas Sparks movie with the historical context to make you feel like you’re engaging your brain as you stuff your face with chocolate.
I hope that these movie suggestions will help you this Valentine’s Day, and be sure to comment your favorite Valentine’s Day movies in the comments below!